Tuesday 30 August 2016

Date Balls



For the past couple of weeks I have been looking for kid friendly nut free snack ideas. My oldest son will be starting kindergarten in the fall. All my favourite recipes included peanut butter or nuts. So here is one of the recipes I found that was healthy, easy to make, did not contain nuts and my kids would actually eat.
















Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup craisins
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1 cup pitted dates 




Directions:

  • Add seeds and oats to food processor and process until it's a crumb like texture.
  • Add craisins, raisins, and dates to food processor
  • Process until mixture starts to form a ball. 
  • You may need to add a couple more dates until mixture starts to clump together
  • Take ball out of processor and start forming bite size date balls. 
  • Makes approximately 12-15 date balls. 
  • Store in airtight container in refrigerator 




I have seen these rolled in hemp seeds or coco powder but for some reason my kids won't eat it that way. These are a great snack for kid or adult lunches. If you have any easy nut free snack ideas please let me know. Thanks for reading and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment