Tuesday 23 August 2016

My Go To Bread Recipe

I make my own bread but I cheat a little. I'm not hardcore enough to make my bread from scratch. If someone wants to teach me I'm willing to learn. This recipe is quick and easy. I make it about 4-5 times a week. I have the recipe memorized. There's just something nice about having fresh homemade bread.

I make the dough in my bread machine then I put the dough in a loaf pan. Once it's risen in the loaf pan for 30 minutes I put it in the oven for 30 minutes.

I just love the way it looks. It looks like I've spent hours baking bread. It doesn't have that odd shape you get from baking it in the bread machine.











Ingredients:
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (brown sugar works fine as well)
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast or instant active dry yeast
  • 1/4 cup hemp seeds


Directions: 

  • Place ingredients listed above into bread machine
  • Set machine to dough setting on machine and wait an hour and a half
  • Take out dough and place in parchment lined loaf pan
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Allow to rise until oven is heated
  • Bake for 30 minutes 
  • Enjoy! or let your kids enjoy!




I got this recipe from http://passionatepennypincher.com/2015/09/the-best-bread-machine-dough-recipe/   but I tweaked it a little and made it my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment